IT Supplier Manager/Procurement Manager
|Location||City of London|
|Area||City of London, UKDocklands, UKWest End, UKGreater London, UK|
|Sector||Information TechnologyInformation Technology - Management|
|Salary||Up to £75,000|
- A renowned high-profile, global law firm, with an impressive status as one of the top firms in their sector is looking for an IT Procurement Manager/Supplier Manager Supplier to manage the firm's IT procurement activities. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for the evaluation and updating of the current processes, initially with a specific focus on IT procurement and supplier management.
This is a newly created position so you will have a genuine opportunity to own and shape the position and create the road map. Once you have embedded these controls, processes and management techniques in place within IT, the next step will be for you to take over supplier management for other business areas such as Finance, Marketing, HR, Professional Support and Business Services.
- Own the procurement process for the IT department
- Refine and streamline the supplier engagement and on-boarding process
- Create a renewal roadmap
- Work with supplier relationship owners' to provide support and guidance in on-going supplier management
- Liaise with the Risk, Compliance, IT Security and Finance teams to ensure new suppliers are thoroughly checked before on-boarding takes place
- Own and drive the RFI and RFP process including creating templates
- Carry out regular pricing reviews and leverage procurement services
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process
- Review proposals and Statements of Work to ensure they meet the expectations of the firm
- At least 10 years' experience of working in an IT Procurement, IT Finance/Accounting or similar centralised procurement role responsible for IT sourcing.
- Experience of professional service firms such as accountancy, legal, or other partnerships
- Experience of setting up a formal procurement framework will be highly advantageous
- Experience in negotiating and co-terming complex contracts.
- Experience in managing procurement in a multinational organisation.
- Thorough knowledge of standard business accounting practices
- Experience working closely with very senior business/non-technical stakeholders – (Partners and CXO and Board Level)
Education / Qualification
- A relevant degree - Computer Science, Accounting or other relevant discipline or 10 Years IT Purchasing experience.
Location – City of London