Senior JAVA Developer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||City, UKDocklands, UKWest End, UKGreater London, UK|
|Sector||Information TechnologyInformation Technology - SupportInformation Technology - TrainingInformation Technology - InfrastructureInformation Technology - DevelopmentInformation Technology - ManagementInformation Technology - Project deliveryInformation Technology - Information security|
|Start Date||January 2019|
- I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to work for a cutting-edge artificial intelligence software. As part of the enterprise's growth plans, they are recruiting senior professionals, with strong Java development experience who can demonstrate they can pick up new concepts quickly. The engineering team is a vibrant and ambitious and is responsible for driving the business product portfolio forward.
What will you be working on?
The Senior Java Developer will play a key role in leading deliverables across our teams and mentoring less experienced developers through best-practices.
As a developer, you will be working on writing performance critical code which sets the foundation of the application, as well as infrastructure and related tools. Technical stack, including Scala/Java 8 (AKKA, Spark, Lucene), SBT, TDD REST Services and tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jenkins, YouTrack, and Docker.
- Ability to take ownership and see a project through the full SDLC and production maintenance
- Work directly with engineering managers to help deliver the product roadmap
- Learn about the company's products, the technology within them and taking a lead on the development of new features and bug fixing.
- Coordinate and prioritize work
- Working with product managers to spec out new features
- Architect, implement and deliver quality software into an externally facing client product
- Ability to shift gears and work effectively in an agile environment
- Adhere to good development practices and promote these within the company and teams.
- Ability to be a leader, a coach and to mentor less-experienced developers.
- Experience in Java, Design Patterns, Test-driven development
- Java frameworks for inversion of control (IOC) and object-relational mapping (ORM),
- Concurrent and distributed system design
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience Consuming and designing RESTful interfaces
- A good graduate degree (or equivalent) and the right to live and work in the UK
- Experience in large-scale data processing and/or Search systems (Apache Solr, ElasticSearch) is an advantage but not essential