Legal Project Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Business Change & Strategy|
|Salary||£55-65,000 per annum + benefits|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
- Legal Project Manager
£55-65,000 per annum + benefits
City of London
This is a really good opportunity to work for a City-based law firm with a great reputation. Other than delivering top-tier legal advice for their clients, this firm is also known for a great working environment with flexible working hours and a flat organisational structure.
As LPM in this firm, you will be very visible in the business and a high level of professional communicating skills and ability to build report with stakeholders at all levels is crucial to your success. You will be working closely with Lawyers, Partners and Matter Partners to manage the delivery of legal services to clients and furthermore be responsible for the profitability and efficiency of client cases.
Experience from the legal industry (e.g. law degree; practising law; working in a law firm) is considered an advantage but more important is your exposure to high profile projects/matters and ability to secure buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
The LPMs role responsibility is to manage high profile client cases and work closely with fee-earners to optimise efficiency, main tasks will involve:
- Financial Management: ensuring profitability of matter cases via budget forecasting and tracking including complex fee-structure metrics; reviewing matter finances
- Project Management: planning matter cases in accordance to structured project management methodologies (e.g. Prince2); coordinate project resources; stakeholder analysis and management including potential conflicts of interest etc.
- Continuous improvement: identify opportunities for process improvement; support implementation of new processes and products e.g. new legal technology; coach colleagues in project management and work efficiency areas
- Very strong communication skills; able to persuade senior stakeholders and diplomatic communication style
- Experience with management of full life cycle projects in a structured framework including responsibility for budget/profitability
- Preferably an in-depth knowledge of the legal industry (e.g. law degree; practising law; working in a law firm)
- Previous experience working with fee-earners in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders