This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Information TechnologyInformation Technology - InfrastructureInformation Technology - Management|
An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a market leading managed services organisation as the NOC Manager, with full responsibility for a team of 20+ analysts.
The sucessful candidate MUST HAVE previous experience managing large teams on 24/7 shift rotas in ITIL aligned environment.
Management Duties include:
- Enhance the operational capabilities within the team.
- Ensure that all Service activities and associated actions are undertaken within defined SLAs.
- Maintain and run regular and ad hoc reporting for performance, utilisation, ticket status and KPIs.
- Ensure adherence to the clients ITIL-aligned, ISO20000-1 certified processes.
- Ensure pro-active management of Incident, Change and Problem ticket queues.
- Represent NOC in Service Transition processes to ensure smooth hand-over to service of new customer projects.
- Build scalability into the NOC through automation of repetitive tasks and elimination of unnecessary work-cycles.
- Day-to-day support of direct reports including regular 1:1 meetings, performance reviews: half and full-year, monthly performance feedback and quarterly bonus recommendations, escalating to Director of Operations where necessary.
- Manage and maintain development plans and training for NOC Analysts.
- Support the NOC Team Leads to prioritise and direct activities, ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the NOC.
- Escalation point for internal and external Customers for all NOC matters.
- Manage the NOC 24x7 rota and out-of-hours escalation rota. Handle shortfalls from the available resource pool.
Key Skills Required:
- Proven capability leading and managing 24x7 NOC environments
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Strong general office technology skills, particularly with standard office tools (Office365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience working with Incident, Problem, Change and Service Request ticketing systems.
- Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills.
- Desire to deliver Continuous Improvement across all NOC activities.
- University level education in Computing / Info Security or equivalent experience.
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert certification, or equivalent experience.
Working hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday - Friday; Occasional weekend work will be required in support of customer major incidents.