DevOps Engineer/DevOps Specialist CI / CD automation - chef etc
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Information TechnologyInformation Technology - InfrastructureInformation Technology - Development|
|Salary||£425 per day|
- 6 month contract: DevOps Engineer/DevOps Specialist
£425 per day
Our client is a tier 1 Law firm current in the early stages of a global technology change programme focussed on replacement of its existing technology platforms. The programme is aimed at introducing better business agility and introduction of new productivity tools.
As a DevOps engineer you will work within the CTO’s team to drive the way we deploy and monitor applications and services. You will be a key member of the team responsible for providing expert knowledge around technology, ensuring that in the process the business can effectively and continuously move forward with a broader understanding of DevOps. You will also ensure that we have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all our applications across a mix of servers, private cloud, public cloud and AWS regions.
You will have a strong knowledge of the DevOps lifecycle, can describe the business value, and talk confidently about any specific tools & Technologies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Be very comfortable working hand-in-hand with developers and must be proficient in at least one Scripting language – Ideally C#/.Net
- Must have experience with Amazon Web Services, preferably in a high-volume environment
- Must have experience with MySQL and NoSQL data stores. Though DBA level experience is not needed, the ideal candidate should be comfortable with routine database management tasks
- Must have a strong interest and respect for high availability and security
- Sound knowledge of SysAdmin fundamentals
- Experience with Git and Linux
- Good knowledge of infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation etc.)
- Must be very comfortable with agile development methodologies
- Very clear understanding of SOA, Micro-service, and REST principles
- Experience of working on Azure automation using TerraForm and/or Python SDK would be highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be self-directed and thrive in a fast paced and collaborative culture