Infrastructure Manager - Operations
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||City, UKGreater London, UK|
|Sector||Information Technology - InfrastructureInformation Technology - Management|
|Salary||£70,000 - £80,000|
- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and energetic Infrastructure Manager to join an award winning and forward thinking professional services client based in the heart of London.
This particular position will be focusing on the delivery of Back Office services to the global firm and making sure that the company's applications and associated systems run smoothly, and provide a secure platform for the company's business operations.
The role will work across the Technology function to contribute to the development, planning and execution of IT strategy and work with the Operations Infrastructure Manager.
The successful candidate will have proven ability in consulting, influencing and interacting with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally through conscious development of personal networks and relationships.
- Exceptional Management skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that motivates IT operations staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT operations.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management.
Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimised for agility.
- 10+ years of experience in IT, 5+ years of progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Preferably experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts.
Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support and high availability success.
* Please note, this is NOT a Project Management position, please do not apply if you are seeking a Project Manager position*
- Lead, manage and mentor a multi-disciplined Infrastructure team responsible for delivering and supporting network, server and cloud infrastructure services.
- Promote a team-working environment by communicating informally and formally with the team to maintain and improve quality standards