Network & Security Architect - Manchester - Permanent
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Information Technology - Infrastructure|
- Network & Security Architect - Manchester - Permanent - £60-70,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a global professional services organisation based in their brand new Manchester based offices. A fantastic time to become part of a new era of IT in an evolving team as the client establish their new base for global IT services in Manchester.
The key responsibilities of the Architect role is to become the recognised and consulted "go-to" for the for architectural design and documentation to meet specific opportunities, problems or changes within the domain through the application of technology.
In order to be successful in the role you will need to champion the IT vision; ensuring all transformation decisions are in line with the strategy and compliant with architecture standards.
Essential technical skills
- Relevant experience in a similar position within a large corporate environment;
Extensive knowledge and practical design experience in:
- WAN: MPLS/VPLS/VPN;
- LAN: CISCO, Juniper, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP;
- WAN Optimisation and aggregation technologies;
- Load balancing technologies;
- VoIP, HDVC;
- Global QOS;
- Network Security and Information Security: DMZ, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Security;
- Excellent understanding of network operations;
- CISCO/Juniper Expert or Architect certification.
- Maintaining specialist knowledge of the technologies and vendors for the Network and Security domain;
- Review and constantly improve current design to align it to current/future business needs and leading best practices;
- Contribute to conceptual architectures sessions with Enterprise Architects to shape the future infrastructure according to the business strategy for 5 -10 years;
- Working closely with the Service Managers to develop an intimate understanding of the business value chain and business processes within the domain
- Experience in applying architectural principles into program delivery along with an awareness of modelling tools and architectural frameworks such as TOGAF and Zachman;
- Demonstrated business and commercial experience;
- Experienced with business change/transformation programmes;